During the workshop with Kohei Yagi you will learn traditional way of preparing ramen at home. You will prepare ramen in Takeoka style which is one of the oldest (over 70 years old) style of ramen making in Japan. You will learn the best ramen recipies you can make at home. You will learn what’s Umami and synergistic effect of Umami. Working in pairs you will prepare 3 types of ramen based on soy sauce. You will also prepare all the components of ramen: traditional Ramen noodles, Shoyu Tare, Chashu and Marinated Egg. Kohei Yagi will also show you how to properly serve ramen. He will share with You his ramen tips and tricks.
- TAKEOKA style Shoyu Ramen – traditional local Ramen in Chiba Prefecture
- The best Shoyu Ramen – one of the best shoyu ramen recipes which you can make at home using the synergy of Umami. Combination of Pork, chicken and fish base taste.
- Mix creamy Ramen – simple and quick creamy ramen that can be made by understanding the principles of emulsification.
- Meat and dried fish Broth
- Ramen noodle „home edition”
- Takeoka Style Shoyu Tare
- Marinated Egg
- Topping preparation
- Tips and tricks
You can eat ramen prepared during the workshop or take it home with you. During the class hot and cold drinks (coffee, tea and water) will be served.
IMPORTANT! We are ZERO WASTE place so if it’s possible – take your take away lunch boxes for all stuff that you can’t eat during class.
This course is taught i English.